Five Top Sources of News and Information

 

1. New York Times - https://www.nytimes.com/ 

    I like to get my news from the New York Times because they provide a wide variety of news topics/stories including sports, politics, world, U.S. and much more. I also liked reading the physical copies of the NY Times that my parents would receive everyday since we lived in Connecticut and they would provide me with local news that was happening in the Tri-state area. One reason why you should use the it to get your news is because like I stated above they offer a wide variety of news for you to choose from. Also, the New York Times has been around for about 170 years which means that it must be a pretty reliable source for you to get your daily news from if they have been providing millions of Americans and people around the world for that long.   

  

2. BBC News - https://www.bbc.com/ 

    I like to get my news from the BBC because unlike the other news sources that I like to get my news from the BBC it is the only one that is based in the United Kingdom and not in America. Since, the BBC is based in the United Kingdom, they have completely different takes on certain stories compared to their U.S. news counterparts, as a result, I like to read their opinions on stories especially ones involving the United States. Most news outlets in the U.S. tend to favor a certain political party or candidate whereas foreign media outlets like the BBC remain neutral and have very interesting takes on American politics, which I try and read every time due to their unbiased thoughts and opinions. You should use the BBC as a source to get your news from because similarly to the New York Times, they don't only focus politics but they also have news about weather, sports, travel, future and much more. If you only pay attention to news from American media sources you should try and listen to other international medias like the BBC to view their opinions on certain events that have taken place in America like the capital riots, americas handling of the coronavirus pandemic and so much more.    





3. ABC News - https://abcnews.go.com/ 
 
    I like to get my news from ABC because I enjoy watching their morning news show every morning to find what is happening in the world today. On their website I especially like how they provide their viewers with live streams of important events that are currently taking place, the weather forecast and the stock market. I would recommend that you watch/read ABC news because they talk about a wide variety of stories and topics that are not only happening in the U.S. but in the world as well. Another reason why you should pay attention to ABC news is because they post trending videos and feel good stories that are new every single day, which will certainly brighten your day if you are having a bad day.




4. The Wall Street Journal - https://www.wsj.com/

    I like to get my news from The Wall Street Journal because like other news sources mentioned above they have a wide variety of news to choose from including world, U.S., business, economy and so much more. I also like how they have an entire section where you can view the stock market and be updated every single minute on how your stocks are doing. If you are interested in watching a particular movie or reading a book then I would strongly recommend that you read The Wall Street Journal because you can go to the opinion tab on their website and people will provide you with their honest reviews of all different kinds of movies and books for you. Also, if you are interested in learning about news that is happening around the world, you can find under the world tab that the Wall Street Journal provides breaking news about what's currently happening in Europe, Africa, Asia and more. It's a great way for you to gain knowledge on what other events/news is happening around the globe.     



5. The Washington Post - https://www.washingtonpost.com/ 

    I like to get my news from The Washington Post because like all of the other news sources previously talked about they offer so much more news stories and headlines including about coronavirus, technology, opinions and road to recovery which talks about the how the coronavirus pandemic has greatly impacted the U.S. economy and how we can rebound. What I also like about The Washington Post is that they keep me up to date hourly with the number of people who have been vaccinated for covid and deaths from covid as well as infections in the U.S. and throughout the world. If you want to be updated to the minute on everything related to the coronavirus pandemic I would strongly suggest that you read The Washington Post because they have an entire section dedicated strictly to coronavirus news. Of all of the news sources mentioned this one has widest section of different news topics/headlines out of any other news source mentioned that I have mentioned, so you are more than likely going to find something that you interested in.       




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Multimedia Story - Social Media's Impact on Mental Health

What I learned/found interesting from the my peers technology presentations

The First Amendment and the Six Clauses or Freedoms current news item